Do you need a Visa?

We recommend that if you do not already hold immigration permission, which permits study in the UK,  you obtain Short-term Student immigration permission to attend the London School of Business programmes. If you have another type of valid immigration permission e.g. a Tier 4 visa for another UK institution, please contact us for advice as you may be able to use this to study with us.

Visas for full-time programmes

If you are studying a full-time degree programme or the General Course and need a visa for the UK, you may be eligible to apply for the Tier 4 (General) visa.  This visa will allow you to remain in the UK for the length of you studies, plus provide additional time at the end for you to attend your graduation ceremony.iated with work placements will be the students responsibility.

You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:

UK immigration legislation caps the length of time a non-EU student can study in the UK with a Tier 4 visa. The cap is set as follows:

  • 5 years and 11 months if you have completed a 3-year undergraduate degree in the UK
  • 6 years and 11 months if you have completed a 4-year undergraduate degree in the UK

The length of study is based on the validity of previous visas, not the period of study itself, which may mean future study in the UK is more restricted. London School of Business can only support visa sponsorship under Short Term Study Visa.

  • You are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week during term time, and full-time during non-study periods
  • You are allowed to bring your dependents to the UK (classified as your husband, wife, unmarried partner or children under 18 years old)
  • Your dependents are permitted to work or study while in the UK
  • Following your studies, it is straightforward to switch to a Tier 2 sponsored visa should you secure employment with a Tier 2 licensed company.

Visas for part-time programmes

The Short-Term Study visa route of UK immigration is suitable for international students who wants to study in UK for a short period of time which does not include work placement or apprenticeships.

You can apply for a Short-term study visa if:

You can stay in the UK for the length of your course or research.

You may be allowed to stay an extra 30 days if your total stay in the UK would be no more than 6 months, or no more than 11 months if you’re both:

  • 16 or over
  • studying an English language course

Your visa will say how long you are allowed to stay in the UK.

If you do not normally need a visa to visit the UK, you can study for up to 6 months without applying in advance. You must see a border officer when you arrive in the UK – do not use the ePassport gates.

If you want to study for longer than 6 months, you must apply for a Short-term study visa in advance.

You can:

  • do a short course of study in the UK, such as an English language course or a training course
  • do a short period of research as part of a degree course if you are studying abroad

You cannot:

  • study at a state-funded school
  • work (including on a work placement or work experience) or carry out any business
  • extend this visa
  • bring family members (‘dependants’) with you – they must apply separately
  • get public funds


  • An academic course such as the masters top up, research, foundation course linked to your graduate level course for 6 months’ duration
  • An English course of up to 11 months’ duration
  • Your current and previous Passports
  • 1 recent passport size coloured photograph
  • Short-Term study Visa letter from the school where you intend to study “The Language Mayfair”
  • Evidence of your marital status
  • Evidence of your employment status if employed
  • Evidence of your study status which includes a letter from school/universities you intend to study
  • Evidence of your finances which included finances supports you while you studying in the UK and 6 months bank statements
  • Evidence of recent accommodation
  • Evidence of travel
  • Evidence of the previous study and qualifications which includes transcripts and degree certificates
  • All required documents in English
  • Tuberculosis (TB) certificate

Yes, all your documents must be in an English language. If any of your supporting language is not in English than it must be accompanied by professional translator/translation company. It must also include date and original signature of translator or an authorised official of the translation company.

  • Yes, parents need to sign a consent form for travel, accommodation with their details.
  • London School of Business will provide a consent form to you, and parents need to sign and submit
  • The current application fee for 6 months course is £97 and for 11 months course is £186
  • For the duration of your study financial document contains amount equivalent to £1015/month for outer London and £1265/month if you studying in London.

As soon as you get your short-term study visa letter, you must submit your completed immigration application to your nearest UK visa application center (to find your visa center refer )

  • Check the date of your entry clearance is valid from in your Vignette in your passport and do not enter in the UK before this date
  • Whether you are applying for 6 months or 11 months study course, you will be given a 30-day window in which you can enter in the UK
  • You need to collect Biometric Residence Permit within 10 days of arriving in the UK
  • You may need ATAS certificate for Masters or Doctorate level courses
  • You cannot work or do work experience while you are in the UK
  • You cannot do a work placement or apprenticeship as part of your study
  • You cannot do any business or professional activities
  • You have no recourse to the Public fund
  • You cannot extend your stay in the UK
  • You cannot switch your visa category
More FAQ’s


Building Leaders for Business

At London School of Business (LSB) we nurture leaders. “Building Leaders for Business” forms the essence of our existence. We are redefining how businesses operate in London and the rest of the world.

Get in Touch

  • +44 (0)20 3305 8124